POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Renderfarm searched Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Renderfarm searched (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Benk Stefan
Subject: Renderfarm searched
Date: 21 Sep 1999 03:18:48
Message: <37e73158@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have two Pentium II-333 and a Pentium I-233 and I would like to use
them
under Win 95 as a renderfarm (automatic distributed netrendering).

I hope somone can help me.

Thanks Stefan

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Renderfarm searched
Date: 21 Sep 1999 04:08:00
Message: <37E73C51.78204C0D@pacbell.net>
Benk Stefan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two Pentium II-333 and a Pentium I-233 and I would like to use
> them
> under Win 95 as a renderfarm (automatic distributed netrendering).
>
> I hope somone can help me.
>
> Thanks Stefan

 There are some patched versions of POV-Ray designed with this purpose
in mind. See my links page under unofficial patches. You will find there
Distpov, PVMPov and IMP-Pov plus others that are for distributed rendering
of POV-Ray. Take a close look at IMP-Pov since it has an executable written
for the Windows platform and is built with the most recent source code for
the program. Since I know little about actually setting up a network render
farm so this is about all the info I have to offer you.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 1000+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: