POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : tracks animation Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  tracks animation (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: BOGUET
Subject: tracks animation
Date: 17 Aug 1999 09:39:11
Message: <37b965ff@news.povray.org>
Hi ! ,

I would like to do one complete track's system drive for an armor vehicule.
But , it seems o be difficult to me.
Someone can introduce me in how to begin and give me more information to
modelize there two tracks ?

Thanks for answers !

BOGUET JEROME

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve
Subject: Re: tracks animation
Date: 21 Aug 1999 04:00:38
Message: <37BE5E3B.3A0DEF0@puzzlecraft.com>
One method would be to create the tracks along a bezier_spline and animate the
track elements along the spline. The tracks could then sag and flex as needed.

The track-spline itself would then be animated to coincide with the movement
of the tank and the wheels.

steve

BOGUET wrote:

> Hi ! ,
>
> I would like to do one complete track's system drive for an armor vehicule.
> But , it seems o be difficult to me.
> Someone can introduce me in how to begin and give me more information to
> modelize there two tracks ?
>
> Thanks for answers !
>
> BOGUET JEROME

Post a reply to this message

Ok for the bezier_spline path but how can create this bezier_spline with POV
?
It is possible , i never look that in POV.

Thanks very much.

BOGUET Jerome

>One method would be to create the tracks along a bezier_spline and animate
the
>track elements along the spline. The tracks could then sag and flex as
needed.

>The track-spline itself would then be animated to coincide with the
movement
>of the tank and the wheels.
>
>steve
>
>BOGUET wrote:
>
>> Hi ! ,
>>
>> I would like to do one complete track's system drive for an armor
vehicule.
>> But , it seems o be difficult to me.
>> Someone can introduce me in how to begin and give me more information to
>> modelize there two tracks ?
>>
>> Thanks for answers !
>>
>> BOGUET JEROME

Post a reply to this message

Check the Spline Generator.  If you can figure it out okay that should
get you where you're going.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/otherincludes.html

Bob