POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : SmokeGen and splines Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  SmokeGen and splines (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Wojtek Bauman
Subject: SmokeGen and splines
Date: 25 Sep 1999 16:10:05
Message: <37ED02A1.DBCE064@moon.spleen.waw.pl>
Hello!

I tried to create animation of a missle flying along a spline
(superpatched POV). It looked good, so I decided to add some smoke
to it. I downloaded Mikael Carenholm's SmokeGen, read the
instructions and used it in my scene. But then - "error: RValue to
declare expected but spline identifier found instead."

Here's that part of the code:

#declare TorRakiety = spline {
  cubic_spline
  .75  <1.75, 0, 4>
  .9 <1.5, 2, 10>
  1.15 <1.75, 4, 16>
  1.25   <2.25, 6, 22>
}

#if (clock>.75)
  sphere {
    TorRakiety(clock) .25
    pigment { rgb x }
  }
  #declare obj_pos = TorRakiety(clock); //error appears to be here
  #include "SmokeGen.inc"
#end

Any suggestions...?

--
Wojtek Bauman aka reaver | rea### [at] spleenwawpl | ICQ: 3429749 |
http://reaver.spleen.waw.pl | PGP: finger bauman@inx.pm.waw.pl |

Post a reply to this message

If you read the SuperPatch documentation, you'll see that splines have a bug
that requires you do this:

#declare obj_pos = <0,0,0>+TorRakiety(clock);

Post a reply to this message

> If you read the SuperPatch documentation, you'll see that splines have a bug
> that requires you do this:
>
> #declare obj_pos = <0,0,0>+TorRakiety(clock);

Thank you. I've read the SuperPatch docs some time ago and I forgot
about this. Really :)