POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : more memory for cmpeg Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  more memory for cmpeg (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: John Bauman
Subject: more memory for cmpeg
Date: 15 Jul 1999 14:30:16
Message: <378e28b8@news.povray.org>
cmpeg always quits with this error on startup of it:
Image type: TGA24
Image size: 512x384
Encoding 200 frames
malloc failed

I figure thats because its taking up too much memory, but I gave it
all the conventional memory I could, so what could I do?

--
webpage: http://johntb.freeservers.com
ICQ:20886467 AIM:Qbwiz

Post a reply to this message

You could try batch converting your 24bit targa files to 15bit if you
have a program that can do so (uncompressed tga is important to keep).
Supposedly the resulting animation is larger but the two memory "images"
will require less space.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe