POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Attack! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Attack! (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: GrimDude
Subject: Attack!
Date: 23 May 1999 18:52:30
Message: <3748789e.0@news.povray.org>
I finally finished the models for this animation. Forgive my lack of
realistic motion on people, when you finally see this thing.
  The models take up 17megs of memory, the scenes takes 22 minutes to parse,
and should render at 30min/frame. I haven't got the explosions completely
worked out, yet, so that could be a little off for late animation frames.
  Now for the question. What's the longest animation in mpeg format that is
still uploadable (how many frames)? I'm using 320x240x256 shades of gray.
  This thing could *easily* exceed 1500 frames if I want it at realistic
speeds. 30mins. x 1500 frames = Oh, My God! :)
  Maybe I can trim it down by a third, or so.

--
GrimDude
vos### [at] arkansasnet

Post a reply to this message

I think you might have to go to 1/3 of 1500 frames if you mean to upload
at p.b.a. just to hazard a guess. Have you compared 256 grays to 24 bit
color? I haven't but something makes me think the compression won't be as
thrifty.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe