POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : GIF ---> MPEG Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  GIF ---> MPEG (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: SHELLEYB1
Subject: GIF ---> MPEG
Date: 3 Feb 1999 20:20:33
Message: <36B8F567.594E@prodigy.net>
Hey,
  I just finished my first .gif animation and I was wondering how to
convert my .gif animation to a mpeg animation.

Post a reply to this message

From: Phil Clute
Subject: Re: GIF ---> MPEG
Date: 4 Feb 1999 00:11:57
Message: <36B92D6A.71238C23@tiac.net>
Actually, you don't need to convert from gif. You can tell POV to
output your frames as .bmp's(default), .png, or targa which brings me
to the ever popular DTA (Dave's Targa Animator). Really, DTA doesn't
only use targa; it can do many formats including .bmp. With it you can
make
mpegs.
You can find it here: http://www.europa.com/~dearmad/dta.htm
This is a comandline program. I'm fairly new to computers so
command-lines
aren't really my area yet. But, and you'll like this...it's free. And
there are many
people in this news-group who use it so it shouldn't be hard to get
help.
Another option is Main Actor: http://www.mainconcept.com/
This one will allow you to apply sound also, and is the usual windows
GUI
style(If your using Linux, they are looking for beta testers).But, this
one is
NOT free.It runs $60.00.
--
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.

Post a reply to this message