POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : re: animation info for james Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  re: animation info for james (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Robert Crews
Subject: re: animation info for james
Date: 17 Jan 1999 23:12:26
Message: <36A2B543.99934D5A@worldnet.att.net>
James wrote:

> Oh, one thing I forgot to ask.  How do you make the file to show how
> many
> frames POV should render and the other stuff I need to put in it.  I
> made
> one thing I want to animate but I need the file to show how many
> frames to
> render.  Tell me if you want it to tell me how to make it.
>
> Thanks,
> James

If you are using POV3.x, you don't need an input file for frame and
clock information.  Povray 3.x has an internal animation loop, and all
you have to do is tell it how many frames you want your animation to
be.  The animation clock value is automatically computed as a decimal
value depending on the number of frames specified.  example:

using the earlier example rendering for a 100 frame animation:

translate <50+(100*clock),0,0>

CLOCK is a value of 1.0 divided by the current frame#, so the actual
clock value depends on what frame# is currently rendering.  In other
words, at frame#0, the value of clock is also 0 (1.0 / 0.0).  At the
10th frame, the value of clock is 0.1  (1.0 / 10.0).  At the 57th frame,
the value of clock is .57 (1.0 / 57).

This way, the value of the internal clock is be used to modify an object
over the course of an animation.

The command line goes something like this
povray +ianimate.pov +oanimate.tga +blah blah....+kff100

The +kff100 tells povray to use the internal clock and render a series
of 100 frames.

I am posting this in the povray.animations newsgroup, so if you want
more info or help,  ask me there.

Robert
cre### [at] worldnetattnet
home.att.net/~crewsr