POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : searching for good animation program... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  searching for good animation program... (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Joe Prever
Subject: searching for good animation program...
Date: 21 Dec 1998 23:34:27
Message: <3692E7D7.AC844BB7@turbont.net>
Good day all,
I've been unsuccessfully searching the web for a utility that will make
.AVIs out of image files.  It would help if it was freeware (I'm cheap)
and was able to use targas (I'm lazy).

Thanks,
            Joe

Post a reply to this message

From: Remco de Korte
Subject: Re: searching for good animation program...
Date: 22 Dec 1998 08:33:34
Message: <367F7CF4.DE29FDCD@xs4all.nl>
Joe Prever wrote:

> Good day all,
> I've been unsuccessfully searching the web for a utility that will make
> .AVIs out of image files.  It would help if it was freeware (I'm cheap)
> and was able to use targas (I'm lazy).
>
> Thanks,
>             Joe

The obvious answer is Dave's Targa Animator, but I've never tried it because I
already use Fast Movie Processor. It supports, TGA, BMP, AVI, FLC and lots of
other formats.

Remco

Post a reply to this message

QuickTime 3.0 PRO, and Animation Shop (comes with Paint Shop Pro 5, from
jasc. software)

Joe Prever wrote:

> Good day all,
> I've been unsuccessfully searching the web for a utility that will make
> .AVIs out of image files.  It would help if it was freeware (I'm cheap)
> and was able to use targas (I'm lazy).
>
> Thanks,
>             Joe

Post a reply to this message

> QuickTime 3.0 PRO, and Animation Shop (comes with Paint Shop Pro 5, from
> jasc. software)

Post a reply to this message

Not on topic, but seems like Your computer's time (date) is wrong.
Or are Your back from future ;-?

Post a reply to this message

For avi get videdit.  There's a good list of that and other programs
listed under the animation FAQ on www.irtc.org. You should find it a
convenience to look at.

-Mike

Joe Prever wrote:

> Good day all,
> I've been unsuccessfully searching the web for a utility that will make
> .AVIs out of image files.  It would help if it was freeware (I'm cheap)
> and was able to use targas (I'm lazy).
>
> Thanks,
>             Joe

Post a reply to this message