POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : MPEG Encoders on the Mac? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  MPEG Encoders on the Mac? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Josh English
Subject: MPEG Encoders on the Mac?
Date: 31 Dec 1998 18:10:53
Message: <368C0546.987ED2F5@spiritone.com>
Hello all.

I've been tryingto find a freeware or shareware mpeg video recorder for
the Mac but I've had little success. What are other Mac users using to
create Mpegs?

Josh

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: MPEG Encoders on the Mac?
Date: 1 Jan 1999 06:04:34
Message: <368cabc2.0@news.povray.org>
In article <368C0546.987ED2F5@spiritone.com> , Josh English <eng### [at] spiritonecom>
wrote:

>I've been tryingto find a freeware or shareware mpeg video recorder for
>the Mac but I've had little success. What are other Mac users using to
>create Mpegs?

For (mostly) commercial products try the Apple 3rd party product database at
http://guide.apple.com/  (Search for "MPEG" and you get some products).  There has
been a free MPEG encoder for QuickTime for some time by a company called Astarte, but
as far as I know, it is no longer free and a commercial product now.
A freeware application (which, as far as I know is not developed much more, but does
all you may need) for encoding MPEG 1 video only is Sparkle, for example at
http://ccsmacinfo.ccs.queensu.ca/MacSDistribution/Sparkle.html.

For other applications useful for POV-Ray users on the Mac try the Official POV-Ray
Mac site at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/povraymac/.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany