POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : AERO animation Program Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  AERO animation Program (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mathias Bachmann
Subject: AERO animation Program
Date: 18 Aug 1998 15:39:12
Message: <35d9ca50.0@news.povray.org>
Due to a posting in this NG I found the Web-page for AERO, which is a kind
of a modeller/ animator which does physical simulation of body-movements.
I have seen some incredible animations done with this program on their
site - marvolous!
 It uses POV for the rendering. Since its done at a university, its also
free software. But- it is only available for UNIX-systems! It uses the
x-windows environment and seems to have been programmed using gcc. So, I
thought if anyone around could be interested in doing a port of this program
to windows, since I can't do that soon.
If anyone seems interested, but does have difficulties with the german
comments in the files - here I can help, since german is my native language.
I would be happy to help anyone to do a port on Windows. Have a look at the
homepage, its a really great kind of software.
It can be found at

http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~braunl/aero/
or at
http://www.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/ipvr/bv/aero/

greetings,
Mathias

Post a reply to this message

"Mathias Bachmann" <mba### [at] baden-onlinede> writes:

> Due to a posting in this NG I found the Web-page for AERO, which is a kind
> of a modeller/ animator which does physical simulation of body-movements.
> I have seen some incredible animations done with this program on their
> site - marvolous!
>  It uses POV for the rendering. Since its done at a university, its also
> free software. But- it is only available for UNIX-systems! It uses the
> x-windows environment and seems to have been programmed using gcc. So, I
> thought if anyone around could be interested in doing a port of this program
> to windows, since I can't do that soon.
> If anyone seems interested, but does have difficulties with the german
> comments in the files - here I can help, since german is my native language.
> I would be happy to help anyone to do a port on Windows. Have a look at the
> homepage, its a really great kind of software.
> It can be found at
>
> http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~braunl/aero/
> or at
> http://www.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/ipvr/bv/aero/

Perhaps one could consider to use the Windows port of gcc (www.cygnus.com),
because it can compile an X client lib(www.x.org). As far as I know, there is
also an X server for Windows. This should be all you need.

I hope this helps.

Thomas

--
http://www.fmi.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm

Post a reply to this message

> "Mathias Bachmann" <mba### [at] baden-onlinede> writes:

> > If anyone seems interested, but does have difficulties with the german
> > comments in the files - here I can help, since german is my native language.
> > I would be happy to help anyone to do a port on Windows. Have a look at the
> > homepage, its a really great kind of software.
> > It can be found at
> >
> > http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~braunl/aero/
> > or at
> > http://www.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/ipvr/bv/aero/
>
> Perhaps one could consider to use the Windows port of gcc (www.cygnus.com),
> because it can compile an X client lib(www.x.org). As far as I know, there is
> also an X server for Windows. This should be all you need.
>
> I hope this helps.

Just in case...

MI/X: A Professional, Free, X Server for Windows and Macintosh
http://tnt.microimages.com/freestuf/mix/