POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Creating video files for tablets / mobile devices : Re: Creating video files for tablets / mobile devices Server Time: 8 Mar 2021 12:40:09 GMT
  Re: Creating video files for tablets / mobile devices
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 18 Jul 2014 17:02:28
Le 18/07/2014 18:45, Bald Eagle nous fit lire :
> I'm trying to take my .png files and assemble them into a video file playable on
> a (I know...) MS Surface RT.
> Ideally, I'd like something that natively creates an mp4 or some other supported
> file format.
>
> I made an uncompressed AVI with MakeAVI, but a lot of the players and converters
> don't read it correctly, and display a black & whitish looking image that's
> slanted to the right. (PavTube, BrorSoft, IdealShare VideoGo, Wondershare)
>
> Gifanimator won't read in PNG, and I don't think animated PNG is supported.
>
> FormatFactory made a gif, but the right side of the video is darkened for some
> reason.
>
> Does anyone have any robust, modern software for creating animations?

for mp4, I'm used to:

ffmpeg -b 1000k -r 30 -f image2 -i FrameFolder/FrameName%04d.png -vcodec
libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset veryslow -profile baseline -tune
animation -crf 1 AnimName.mp4

Beware of the resolution, multiple of 8 or 16 on both dimensions is
usually recommended.

It's robust, but not new, so is it modern ?

--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)