POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Road Surface Typeface Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Road Surface Typeface (Message 15 to 24 of 24)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Road Surface Typeface
Date: 14 Mar 2018 05:27:03
Message: <5aa8eae7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.03.2018 um 08:40 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> The notice (STOP ON RED) generates an interesting (sociological)
> question. If such is necessary to be brought to the driver's attention,
> is it customary in the US to drive through red otherwise? Does the red
> light not suffice? Just a thought. ;-)

I was told that they have a general "right turn on red" policy, kind of
this thing generalized:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%BCnpfeil

So in that context it does make sense.

Post a reply to this message

From: green
Date: 14 Mar 2018 08:05:00
Message: <web.5aa90efed2f6c4eee05800f90@news.povray.org>
> Am 14.03.2018 um 08:40 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>
> > The notice (STOP ON RED) generates an interesting (sociological)
> > question. If such is necessary to be brought to the driver's attention,
> > is it customary in the US to drive through red otherwise? Does the red
> > light not suffice? Just a thought. ;-)
>
> I was told that they have a general "right turn on red" policy, kind of
> this thing generalized:
>
> https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%BCnpfeil
>
> So in that context it does make sense.

no, it is always 'turn right on red after stop', not 'right turn yield on red.'

on a rainy night my concern is to discern the lane boundaries, signs painted on
road surfaces are not worth considering.

Post a reply to this message