POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lighted vs unlighted texture Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Lighted vs unlighted texture (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Lighted vs unlighted texture
Date: 16 May 2017 12:40:00
Message: <web.591b2ade99969e41c437ac910@news.povray.org>
I was talking with Stephen about some scene elements,
and was wondering if there were a way to have directly lighted surfaces of an
object show one texture, and any unlighted / indirectly lighted surfaces have
another.

The obvious way would be to construct the object in 2 parts - split by a plane
the light source is perpendicular to, and assign each half a different texture.
Though I was hoping for something a bit more elegant, easier, and allowing a
smoother transition.

Post a reply to this message

Am 16.05.2017 um 18:37 schrieb Bald Eagle:
> I was talking with Stephen about some scene elements,
> and was wondering if there were a way to have directly lighted surfaces of an
> object show one texture, and any unlighted / indirectly lighted surfaces have
> another.
>
> The obvious way would be to construct the object in 2 parts - split by a plane
> the light source is perpendicular to, and assign each half a different texture.
> Though I was hoping for something a bit more elegant, easier, and allowing a
> smoother transition.

Depending on what exactly you want to achieve, maybe the slope pattern
is good enough for your purposes.

Post a reply to this message