POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : output image DPI Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:59:24 EDT (-0400)
  output image DPI (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: output image DPI
Date: 2 Apr 2017 09:50:00
Message: <web.58e100e1cc3ed4b5b01136120@news.povray.org>
> Quiz:
>
> Q1: How many people involved in that thread had any actual experience in
> the printing business?
> A1: Only one, as it seems.

LOL, no just one claimed to have that.

> Q2: What was the opinion of that person?
> A2: Not yours, as it seems.

Well, you should have read the whole thread then. And all those it refers to,
and those that are referenced in there, and so on. Goes well with my statement
that it comes up every few years then, doesn't it? ;-)

Post a reply to this message

Am 02.04.2017 um 15:47 schrieb Thorsten Froehlich:
>> Quiz:
>>
>> Q1: How many people involved in that thread had any actual experience in
>> the printing business?
>> A1: Only one, as it seems.
>
> LOL, no just one claimed to have that.
>
>> Q2: What was the opinion of that person?
>> A2: Not yours, as it seems.
>
> Well, you should have read the whole thread then. And all those it refers to,
> and those that are referenced in there, and so on. Goes well with my statement
> that it comes up every few years then, doesn't it? ;-)

I'd say, that might just be a symptom of the discussion forum (and the
dev team back then) having been dominated by people seeing only the
artists' side of things, and being unable or unwilling to look beyond that.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 02.04.2017 um 15:47 schrieb Thorsten Froehlich:
> > clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> >> Quiz:
> >>
> >> Q1: How many people involved in that thread had any actual experience in
> >> the printing business?
> >> A1: Only one, as it seems.
> >
> > LOL, no just one claimed to have that.
> >
> >> Q2: What was the opinion of that person?
> >> A2: Not yours, as it seems.
> >
> > Well, you should have read the whole thread then. And all those it refers to,
> > and those that are referenced in there, and so on. Goes well with my statement
> > that it comes up every few years then, doesn't it? ;-)
>
> I'd say, that might just be a symptom of the discussion forum (and the
> dev team back then) having been dominated by people seeing only the
> artists' side of things, and being unable or unwilling to look beyond that.

Or those people just knew the difference between what a user "wants" vs what a
user "needs"...

Back in a 2005 discusssion on the topic there also was a link to this page:
http://www.rideau-info.com/photos/mythdpi.html - seems it is still relevant
today because some people refuse to learn.

Post a reply to this message