POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Paper on automatic mesh gen Server Time
16 Apr 2024 11:31:34 EDT (-0400)
  Paper on automatic mesh gen (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Subject: Paper on automatic mesh gen
Date: 10 Dec 2016 23:15:00
Message: <web.584cd19c45f814a11c3f31c90@news.povray.org>
"A pliant method for anisotropic mesh generation"

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.22.992&rep=rep1&type=pdf

I thought some of the mesh experts here might find this interesting.

Ian

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Paper on automatic mesh gen
Date: 10 Dec 2016 23:30:56
Message: <584cd680$1@news.povray.org>
Am 11.12.2016 um 05:10 schrieb [GDS|Entropy]:
> "A pliant method for anisotropic mesh generation"
>
> http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.22.992&rep=rep1&type=pdf
>
> I thought some of the mesh experts here might find this interesting.

Unfortunately this seems to have little to do with converting an
arbitrary 3D shape into a mesh.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 11.12.2016 um 05:10 schrieb [GDS|Entropy]:
>> "A pliant method for anisotropic mesh generation"
>>
>> http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.22.992&rep=rep1&type=pdf
>>
>> I thought some of the mesh experts here might find this interesting.
>
> Unfortunately this seems to have little to do with converting an
> arbitrary 3D shape into a mesh.

Seconded. It's about getting more triangles from existing meshes. Useful
in some computations, but counter-productive for ray-tracing.

It could be interesting to oversample an existing mesh before deforming
it, but it is totally unrelated to the initial problem of converting a
shape into a mesh.

Post a reply to this message

>> Am 11.12.2016 um 05:10 schrieb [GDS|Entropy]:
>>> "A pliant method for anisotropic mesh generation"
>>>
>>> http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.22.992&rep=rep1&type=pdf
>>>
>>> I thought some of the mesh experts here might find this interesting.
>>
>> Unfortunately this seems to have little to do with converting an
>> arbitrary 3D shape into a mesh.
>>

> Seconded. It's about getting more triangles from existing meshes. Useful
> in some computations, but counter-productive for ray-tracing.
>
> It could be interesting to oversample an existing mesh before deforming
> it, but it is totally unrelated to the initial problem of converting a
> shape into a mesh.

Oh well, I tried. :)

Ian