POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fitting image to view frustum Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:46:40 EDT (-0400)
  Fitting image to view frustum (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Fitting image to view frustum
Date: 5 Dec 2016 12:30:01
Message: <web.5845a36e71f7f770c437ac910@news.povray.org>
I'd like to set up a scene that I'll be using a wide variety of images in, and
I'd like to be able to accurately and reliably fit the whole image to the screen
(image_map) when the scene is rendered, regardless of the dimensions - square,
wide and short, or tall and narrow.

I have something reasonably workable - but I was wondering if there was a
standard coding for this, given that so many software applications have some
sort of fit page / fit width option.

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

Am 05.12.2016 um 18:27 schrieb Bald Eagle:
> I'd like to set up a scene that I'll be using a wide variety of images in, and
> I'd like to be able to accurately and reliably fit the whole image to the screen
> (image_map) when the scene is rendered, regardless of the dimensions - square,
> wide and short, or tall and narrow.

If you want the output image format to also adapt, then you're out of luck.

> I have something reasonably workable - but I was wondering if there was a
> standard coding for this, given that so many software applications have some
> sort of fit page / fit width option.

Nope, nothing inbuilt at present.

Post a reply to this message