POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Using / converting functions in C for POV-Ray Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Using / converting functions in C for POV-Ray (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Using / converting functions in C for POV-Ray
Date: 5 Nov 2016 09:35:01
Message: <web.581ddfa3fa0796c8634be200@news.povray.org>
I'd like to be able to utilize functions that are not internally available in
POV (Gamma functions, Bessel functions, things like that) and wondered if there
was a way to "include" files like that.

I can try my hand at rewriting them in SDL, but I didn't know if there was a way
to pass something to / call a C "subroutine" and have it return something to POV
for use in the scene.

One of the functions had some yucky goto's and given the usual lack of round
tuits and my lack of recent experience in reading / writing C, I didn't feel
like unravelling that sort of programming.

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

Am 05.11.2016 um 14:33 schrieb Bald Eagle:
> I'd like to be able to utilize functions that are not internally available in
> POV (Gamma functions, Bessel functions, things like that) and wondered if there
> was a way to "include" files like that.
>
> I can try my hand at rewriting them in SDL, but I didn't know if there was a way
> to pass something to / call a C "subroutine" and have it return something to POV
> for use in the scene.

Short of compiling it into POV-Ray's binary? Nope.