POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Please could someone write a script Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Please could someone write a script (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: John Greenwood
Subject: Please could someone write a script
Date: 12 Jun 2015 12:15:00
Message: <web.557b0459471844a8a7cafab50@news.povray.org>
I want a utility/.ini, which I understand would involve a script, that would do
the following:
1 Run a povray program.
2 allow the user to click a point anywhere in the output window
3 declare the X & Y coordinates of the clicked point
4 run the program again
.....repeated indefinitely

I want to use this with a program I am developing to find the best colour. It
displays a starting colour and surrounds it with an array of colours differing
slightly by hue, saturation and luminance.

I have posted it at: http://www.john-greenwood.co.uk/PovRay/BendColours/
(Note that this is just for discussion and I am still working on it.)

I believe that this would be a useful tool for finding the best texture, shape
of a blob or parameters of shape function by an evolutionary process.

John