POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Making a rotation macro Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:11:16 EDT (-0400)
  Making a rotation macro (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: bakom
Subject: Making a rotation macro
Date: 23 Sep 2014 22:45:01
Message: <web.54222f90bd966842ebd239470@news.povray.org>
I want to make a macro for rotation. Basically its a rotation macro for camera.
Is there any way to make a macro in which I have to give only x, y, z values and
that results into the rotation of camera.
There are some other like Set_camera_... so can we make one for rotation?

Post a reply to this message

> I want to make a macro for rotation. Basically its a rotation macro for camera.
> Is there any way to make a macro in which I have to give only x, y, z values and
> that results into the rotation of camera.
> There are some other like Set_camera_... so can we make one for rotation?

Need a little more information.Do you want to rotate the position of the
camera while looking at the same spot or rotate the spot your looking at
or both these?
Any way 'Transforms.inc' has several macros you can use.

Post a reply to this message

From: bakom
Date: 25 Sep 2014 07:20:00
Message: <web.5423fa12d887ed8e5d0ff6fc0@news.povray.org>
Leroy <lrw### [at] joplincom> wrote:
> bakom wrote:
> > I want to make a macro for rotation. Basically its a rotation macro for camera.
> > Is there any way to make a macro in which I have to give only x, y, z values and
> > that results into the rotation of camera.
> > There are some other like Set_camera_... so can we make one for rotation?
> >

> Need a little more information.Do you want to rotate the position of the
> camera while looking at the same spot or rotate the spot your looking at
> or both these?
> Any way 'Transforms.inc' has several macros you can use.

I want the rotation of camera, looking at the same spot. Actually I want it in
azimuth amd elevation of camera

Gurwinder Singh

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 25 Sep 2014 07:54:26
Message: <54240272$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/09/14 12:19, bakom wrote:
> Leroy <lrw### [at] joplincom> wrote:
>> bakom wrote:
>>> I want to make a macro for rotation. Basically its a rotation macro for camera.
>>> Is there any way to make a macro in which I have to give only x, y, z values and
>>> that results into the rotation of camera.
>>> There are some other like Set_camera_... so can we make one for rotation?
>>>

>> Need a little more information.Do you want to rotate the position of the
>> camera while looking at the same spot or rotate the spot your looking at
>> or both these?
>> Any way 'Transforms.inc' has several macros you can use.
>
> I want the rotation of camera, looking at the same spot. Actually I want it in
> azimuth amd elevation of camera
>

> Gurwinder Singh

As Leroy has said, transforms.inc has the appropriate macros. I'm
guessing that Rotate_Around_Trans() is probably the one you're looking
for. The point you rotate around is your camera's look_at.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents