POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Installation problem in povray subdivision on server. Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:09:14 EDT (-0400)
  Installation problem in povray subdivision on server. (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Suman
Subject: Installation problem in povray subdivision on server.
Date: 3 Aug 2014 05:05:01
Message: <web.53ddfa253d3a69d449b26730@news.povray.org>
Hi,

i installed povray with full source on server and moved the files of povray
subdivision(http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~xwu/Pov-Sub/) in source folder. then i
installed povray on centos server. povray is working fine but povray subdivision
is not working.

when i using code below.

mesh2 {

subdivision{     // subdivision
     substeps 2    // subdivide 2 times
  }
vertex_vectors {

its showing error.

Please help me to solve the installation issue.

Thanks
Suman

Post a reply to this message

> i installed povray with full source on server and moved the files of povray
> subdivision(http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~xwu/Pov-Sub/) in source folder. then i
> installed povray on centos server. povray is working fine but povray subdivision
> is not working.

What version of the POV-Ray source code did you use for this?

The subdivision patch was written for POV-Ray 3.6, and won't work with
POV-Ray 3.7.

Post a reply to this message

> > i installed povray with full source on server and moved the files of povray
> > subdivision(http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~xwu/Pov-Sub/) in source folder. then i
> > installed povray on centos server. povray is working fine but povray subdivision
> > is not working.
>
> What version of the POV-Ray source code did you use for this?
>
> The subdivision patch was written for POV-Ray 3.6, and won't work with
> POV-Ray 3.7.

i downloaded the POV-Ray Source Code from here
http://www.povray.org/download/index-3.6.php

and updated the subdivision files from source folder.

i used following command
../configure COMPILED_BY="your name <email@address>" [options]
  make check
  make install

Thanks
Suman

Post a reply to this message

>>> i installed povray with full source on server and moved the files of povray
>>> subdivision(http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~xwu/Pov-Sub/) in source folder. then i
>>> installed povray on centos server. povray is working fine but povray subdivision
>>> is not working.

> i downloaded the POV-Ray Source Code from here
> http://www.povray.org/download/index-3.6.php
>
> and updated the subdivision files from source folder.

Hmm... are you sure you put the files in the right folders in the source
tree?

Post a reply to this message

> > clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

> > i downloaded the POV-Ray Source Code from here
> > http://www.povray.org/download/index-3.6.php
> >
> > and updated the subdivision files from source folder.
>
> Hmm... are you sure you put the files in the right folders in the source
> tree?

yes i put all files of subdivision in source folder of povray. i replaced the
files of mesh.h,etc in source folder.
and then compile and install.