POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Relative library paths? Server Time
14 May 2024 02:57:41 EDT (-0400)
  Relative library paths? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: posfan12
Subject: Relative library paths?
Date: 4 Jan 2014 21:35:01
Message: <web.52c8c4296482f2fdf5699ff20@news.povray.org>
Can INI library paths be relative paths as well as absolute paths?

I want to distribute some scenes I'm working on including all the needed INI,
INC and POV files to some less-than-expert POVray users. But the library paths
are always a barrier because people have to edit them to match their local file
system.

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

> Can INI library paths be relative paths as well as absolute paths?
>
> I want to distribute some scenes I'm working on including all the needed INI,
> INC and POV files to some less-than-expert POVray users. But the library paths
> are always a barrier because people have to edit them to match their local file
> system.

I have used them a couple of times (in Linux) with no problem; but only in the
same directory as the scene file, so I don't know if they're relative to the
..ini file, the scene file, or the working directory.

Post a reply to this message