POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : povray output is not showing on php page Server Time
2 Jun 2024 02:33:25 EDT (-0400)
  povray output is not showing on php page (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: logic
Subject: povray output is not showing on php page
Date: 13 Apr 2012 01:45:08
Message: <web.4f87bcf7c895e900a366f2fe0@news.povray.org>
hi

$renderFile = 'test.pov';
$width = 640;
$height = 480;

passthru("/usr/pov/povray-3.6/povray {$renderFile} +A2 +W{$width} +H{$height}
+UA +B1024 -FN", $content);

i am not able to get output result, when executing code in a php page.

Thanks
logic

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: povray output is not showing on php page
Date: 13 Apr 2012 02:33:04
Message: <4f87c8a0$1@news.povray.org>
Le 13/04/2012 07:44, logic nous fit lire :
> hi
>
> $renderFile = 'test.pov';
> $width = 640;
> $height = 480;
>
> passthru("/usr/pov/povray-3.6/povray {$renderFile} +A2 +W{$width} +H{$height}
> +UA +B1024 -FN", $content);
>
> i am not able to get output result, when executing code in a php page.

I do not know about 3.6, but in 3.7RC4 at least, -FN disables out to
file. +FN provides a png file.

Post a reply to this message

Le 2012/04/13 02:33, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
> Le 13/04/2012 07:44, logic nous fit lire :
>> hi
>>
>> $renderFile = 'test.pov';
>> $width = 640;
>> $height = 480;
>>
>> passthru("/usr/pov/povray-3.6/povray {$renderFile} +A2 +W{$width} +H{$height}
>> +UA +B1024 -FN", $content);
>>
>> i am not able to get output result, when executing code in a php page.
>>

> I do not know about 3.6, but in 3.7RC4 at least, -FN disables out to
> file. +FN provides a png file.

I think that it would be beter to place the flags in a master ini file,
like in the default: povray.ini

Remove +A2 +UA +B1024 -FN from the command line and add to your ini file:
; use antialias method 2, adaptive
+a2
; set antialias recursion depth to 3
+r3
; set output file to PNG
+fn

Unless you want or need your image to have transparency for the
background, you don't need +ua (use alpha).

As of version 3.6 onward, +bxxx (Output File Buffer) is useless and
silently ignored.

-fn suppress file output and set next render to PNG.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> As of version 3.6 onward, +bxxx (Output File Buffer) is useless and
> silently ignored.

Now that you mention this, since version 3.7 I have been using +bm2 in
my ini out of habit. However, I am unable to find any reference to it in
the docs and I don't remember its purpose. I am feeling a bit stupid
now... :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 14 Apr 2012 06:00:27
Message: <4f894abb$1@news.povray.org>
Le 14/04/2012 09:06, Thomas de Groot nous fit lire :
> On 14-4-2012 0:11, Alain wrote:
>> As of version 3.6 onward, +bxxx (Output File Buffer) is useless and
>> silently ignored.
>>
> Now that you mention this, since version 3.7 I have been using +bm2 in
> my ini out of habit. However, I am unable to find any reference to it in
> the docs and I don't remember its purpose. I am feeling a bit stupid
> now... :-)

BM is bounding method (1 or 2, but can be disabled with -B )
Default is 1 (traditional bounding box).
Method 2 is using a BSP Tree (binary space partition tree)

Some pathological scenes get benefit from method 2... or detriment.

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Apr 2012 07:35:02
Message: <4f8960e6$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-4-2012 12:00, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 14/04/2012 09:06, Thomas de Groot nous fit lire :
>> On 14-4-2012 0:11, Alain wrote:
>>> As of version 3.6 onward, +bxxx (Output File Buffer) is useless and
>>> silently ignored.
>>>
>> Now that you mention this, since version 3.7 I have been using +bm2 in
>> my ini out of habit. However, I am unable to find any reference to it in
>> the docs and I don't remember its purpose. I am feeling a bit stupid
>> now... :-)
>
> BM is bounding method (1 or 2, but can be disabled with -B )
> Default is 1 (traditional bounding box).
> Method 2 is using a BSP Tree (binary space partition tree)
>
> Some pathological scenes get benefit from method 2... or detriment.

OK. Then note that +BM1, or +BM2, or Bounding_method, do not exist as
terms in the documentation index. Only BSP or BSP bounding refer to the
paragraph.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 14 Apr 2012 11:56:16
Message: <4f899e20$1@news.povray.org>
Le 14/04/2012 13:34, Thomas de Groot nous fit lire :
> On 14-4-2012 12:00, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>>>>
>>> Now that you mention this, since version 3.7 I have been using +bm2 in
>>> my ini out of habit. However, I am unable to find any reference to it in
>>> the docs and I don't remember its purpose. I am feeling a bit stupid
>>> now... :-)
>>
>> BM is bounding method (1 or 2, but can be disabled with -B )
>> Default is 1 (traditional bounding box).
>> Method 2 is using a BSP Tree (binary space partition tree)
>>
>> Some pathological scenes get benefit from method 2... or detriment.
>
> OK. Then note that +BM1, or +BM2, or Bounding_method, do not exist as
> terms in the documentation index. Only BSP or BSP bounding refer to the
> paragraph.

For the curious:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Tracing_Options#BSP_Bounding

I guess contribution in discussion might be welcome.

Post a reply to this message

From: James Holsenback
Date: 14 Apr 2012 15:40:50
Message: <4f89d2c2$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/14/2012 11:56 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 14/04/2012 13:34, Thomas de Groot nous fit lire :
>> On 14-4-2012 12:00, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>>> Le 14/04/2012 09:06, Thomas de Groot nous fit lire :

>>> BM is bounding method (1 or 2, but can be disabled with -B )
>>> Default is 1 (traditional bounding box).
>>> Method 2 is using a BSP Tree (binary space partition tree)
>>>
>>> Some pathological scenes get benefit from method 2... or detriment.
>>
>> OK. Then note that +BM1, or +BM2, or Bounding_method, do not exist as
>> terms in the documentation index. Only BSP or BSP bounding refer to the
>> paragraph.
>
> For the curious:
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Tracing_Options#BSP_Bounding
>
> I guess contribution in discussion might be welcome.

guessing it might have more to do with the fact it was missing from the
index (got broke last release) of files rather than then content.

Post a reply to this message

From: James Holsenback
Date: 14 Apr 2012 15:48:13
Message: <4f89d47d$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/14/2012 03:40 PM, James Holsenback wrote:
> On 04/14/2012 11:56 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:

>>> OK. Then note that +BM1, or +BM2, or Bounding_method, do not exist as
>>> terms in the documentation index. Only BSP or BSP bounding refer to the
>>> paragraph.
>>
>> For the curious:
>>
>> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Tracing_Options#BSP_Bounding
>>
>> I guess contribution in discussion might be welcome.
>
> guessing it might have more to do with the fact it was missing from the
> index (got broke last release) of files rather than then content.

hate it when I follow up to myself ... added: {{#indexentry:Options,
+BM1, +BM2}} to go with this tag: {{#indexentry:Options, bounding, BSP}}
that was already there

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Apr 2012 03:16:09
Message: <4f8a75b9$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-4-2012 21:48, James Holsenback wrote:

>> guessing it might have more to do with the fact it was missing from the
>> index (got broke last release) of files rather than then content.
>
> hate it when I follow up to myself ... added: {{#indexentry:Options,
> +BM1, +BM2}} to go with this tag: {{#indexentry:Options, bounding, BSP}}
> that was already there

And my thanks to you! It was indeed an index omission that I mentioned.

Thomas