POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 3form wovin wall surface Server Time
1 Jun 2024 16:50:05 EDT (-0400)
  3form wovin wall surface (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: posfan12
Subject: 3form wovin wall surface
Date: 1 Apr 2012 17:00:00
Message: <web.4f78c104c4e9a0944bb368410@news.povray.org>
Can anyone tell me how I might model the following wall surface in Povray?

http://tevami.com/2009/08/22/3form-turns-walls-3-d-with-woven-wall-materials/

Thanks!

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: 3form wovin wall surface
Date: 1 Apr 2012 18:44:50
Message: <4f78da62$1@news.povray.org>
posfan12 wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how I might model the following wall surface in Povray?
>
> http://tevami.com/2009/08/22/3form-turns-walls-3-d-with-woven-wall-materials/

For a woven texture see

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4b72093ee292c410cba3fb0f0@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=355969&toff=250

If you want to model it in 3d a first approximation might simply be
a bunch of short open cylinders, alternatively rotated and shifted. In
your sample it looks like the complicated edge shapes are caused by
intersections, shadows and light.