POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POVRay 3.7 with MegaPOV for obtaining depth-map Server Time
2 Jun 2024 05:03:43 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay 3.7 with MegaPOV for obtaining depth-map (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: handos
Subject: POVRay 3.7 with MegaPOV for obtaining depth-map
Date: 7 Jul 2011 05:25:00
Message: <web.4e157aac2d944321d7ae32040@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I'm very keen on patching up the post-processing patch of MegaPOV with
POVRay-3.7 to obtain depth-map. MegaPOV's latest version only allows to patch it
up with POVRay-3.6. Since I have not found anyone already done that I'm
wondering how hard it is do that? I hope I'm not being ignorant and assuming
that it is possible to patch MegaPOV's post-processing patch with POVRay-3.7

Kind Regards,
Ankur

Post a reply to this message

> I'm very keen on patching up the post-processing patch of MegaPOV with
> POVRay-3.7 to obtain depth-map. MegaPOV's latest version only allows to patch it
> up with POVRay-3.6. Since I have not found anyone already done that I'm
> wondering how hard it is do that? I hope I'm not being ignorant and assuming
> that it is possible to patch MegaPOV's post-processing patch with POVRay-3.7

It may be a challenge to find out where to "implant" the patch, due to
the architectural changes introduced with 3.7. I guess it might be
easier to implement a depth-map patch from scratch. (It might even boil
down to changing just a few lines of code.)