POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : render differences between 3.63 and 3.7 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 05:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  render differences between 3.63 and 3.7 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Woody
Subject: render differences between 3.63 and 3.7
Date: 18 May 2011 23:40:00
Message: <web.4dd4908b840c6af1bfd9b30a0@news.povray.org>
I'm noticing a difference in how renders are being displayed between version
3.63 and 3.7.

In 3.63 each pixel in a line was rendered before moving onto the next line.

In 3.7, squares of pixels are rendered, then moving onto the next square in a
line.

How do I change in version 3.7 the way it was done in 3.63? Is there a setting
or command line option that I can change, or is this just a difference in
versions?

What keyword / topic should I be looking for in the online help / documentation
that explains this?

Thanks
-Jeff

Post a reply to this message

> I'm noticing a difference in how renders are being displayed between version
> 3.63 and 3.7.
>
> In 3.63 each pixel in a line was rendered before moving onto the next line.
>
> In 3.7, squares of pixels are rendered, then moving onto the next square in a
> line.
>
> How do I change in version 3.7 the way it was done in 3.63? Is there a setting
> or command line option that I can change, or is this just a difference in
> versions?
>
> What keyword / topic should I be looking for in the online help / documentation
> that explains this?
>
> Thanks
> -Jeff

start here: