POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Import poses/skeletal animations? Server Time
13 Jun 2024 04:08:04 EDT (-0400)
  Import poses/skeletal animations? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: posfan12
Subject: Import poses/skeletal animations?
Date: 27 Mar 2011 05:20:00
Message: <web.4d8f006b7e636494eacef2200@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to import poses and skeletal animations from other applications?
Are these usually stored in text format?

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Import poses/skeletal animations?
Date: 27 Mar 2011 13:50:22
Message: <4d8f78de$1@news.povray.org>

> Is it possible to import poses and skeletal animations from other applications?
> Are these usually stored in text format?
>

> -Mike

Most of the time, not directly. Most of the time, those poses and
animation data need to first be converted. The exact format depends
entirely on the application used to generate those datas. It can be
stored as simple text, XML, binary, or some hybrid representation. It
may also be compressed.

You may trry to use Poseray to convert those into *.inc files.

If you do know the format used, then, it may be possible to read the
poses using the I/O functions. Using version 3.7, you cn read binary
data, but the chore of extracting usable data is entirely yours.

Alain