POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : matrix transformation -inversion Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  matrix transformation -inversion (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: CAD-Andi
Subject: matrix transformation -inversion
Date: 25 Aug 2010 19:55:00
Message: <web.4c75ac4ab5f974c8fdfcf7500@news.povray.org>
I need to invert a transformation matrix to the exact opposite.
Does anybody have a piece of code that can help me out?
Matrix transformation math is not really my strength.
Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

> I need to invert a transformation matrix to the exact opposite.
> Does anybody have a piece of code that can help me out?
> Matrix transformation math is not really my strength.
> Thanks!

That's what the SDL is made for: add "inverse" after your matrix, inside
the transform block.

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/49/

> > I need to invert a transformation matrix to the exact opposite.
> > Does anybody have a piece of code that can help me out?
> > Matrix transformation math is not really my strength.
> > Thanks!
> >

> That's what the SDL is made for: add "inverse" after your matrix, inside
> the transform block.
>
> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/49/
>
> --
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.<br/>
> Q: Why is it such a bad thing?<br/>
> A: Top-posting.<br/>

Clear case of "Should have read the Manual!"
Thanks a bunch! Saved me big headaches! Would have been nice though if the
inverse command was mentioned somewhere else and not only in the SYNOPSIS. of
transformations.
Still, Povray rulez!

Thanks again!