POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to read camera "up" parameter ? Server Time
29 Jun 2024 02:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  How to read camera "up" parameter ? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Kubiack
Subject: How to read camera "up" parameter ?
Date: 12 Oct 2009 10:05:01
Message: <web.4ad336722e6a97efb24a75df0@news.povray.org>
Hello dear PovRay users.

I use PovRay to generate images sequences of a scene (nothing unusual I guess).
I configured my camera using the "look-at" directive so my object of interest
stay in the middle of the image.

However, as I move my camera (with the "location" vector), the "up" and "right"
vectors changes (automatically) to rotate the camera. I want to print these data
on the debug console.

My question is : how can I read these values ?

I tryied

-------------
camera {
location <A,B,C>
look_at <0,0,0>
#declare cam_top=top;
}
#debug "top = ",cam_top

but this didn't works.

Can we have access to these "internal" variables to further process it, or do I
have to process everything myself ?

Thank you for any help.

Post a reply to this message