POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Increasing parsing performance Server Time
2 Jul 2024 19:58:10 EDT (-0400)
  Increasing parsing performance (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Reactor
Subject: Increasing parsing performance
Date: 20 Jun 2009 15:15:00
Message: <web.4a3d35025258101de773e8d80@news.povray.org>
I'm working on a fairly complicated model that contains both mesh2 and povray
primitives.  Because of the complexity of the objects, some of the included
scene files are pretty large, around 5 Mb.  Reading and experimentation has
shown that placing macros throughout those files can take a performance hit
when the macro gets called from another file, so I've begun inlining them when
possible.

What are other things that can be done to reduce parse times (aside from
reducing file sizes)?

I know in the past there was talk about a preparsed, binary format.  Has anyone
been doing anything with that lately?

-Reactor

Post a reply to this message