POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to rotate a torus Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:56:28 EDT (-0400)
  How to rotate a torus (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Matias Eyzaguirre
Subject: How to rotate a torus
Date: 3 Aug 2008 14:55:00
Message: <web.4895fdc78917547bb61047b60@news.povray.org>
This question is actually a bit harder then it sounds.  I have a vector,
specifically a surface normal.  I want to rotate a torus so that the plane that
the torus lies on is perpendicular to this normal, sort of like how you define a
plane.
how do I go about doing this?

Post a reply to this message

"Matias Eyzaguirre" <den### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> This question is actually a bit harder then it sounds.  I have a vector,
> specifically a surface normal.  I want to rotate a torus so that the plane
> that
> the torus lies on is perpendicular to this normal, sort of like how you
> define a
> plane.
> how do I go about doing this?

Isn't the answer just to use Reorient_Trans(y, YourNormalVector)?
Maybe I'm just not spotting why it's harder than it sounds.

Chris B.