POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : The Prizm Effect Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:45:53 EDT (-0400)
  The Prizm Effect (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: PovManiac
Subject: The Prizm Effect
Date: 5 Apr 2008 10:05:01
Message: <web.47f794f79073823d49d022c70@news.povray.org>
I need help in attempting to make the prizm effect occur in caustic shadows of
glass material objects, Does anyone have any suggestions ???

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: The Prizm Effect
Date: 5 Apr 2008 10:32:07
Message: <47f79b77$1@news.povray.org>
PovManiac nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/04/05 11:04:
>  I need help in attempting to make the prizm effect occur in caustic shadows of
> glass material objects, Does anyone have any suggestions ???

Use dispersion in the interior of your prism. You also need to enable photons
and set your prism as a target.
Sample code:

global_settings{photons{spacing 0.01}}//This enable the photons shooting.

object{Your_Prism_Object
	interior{ior 1.5 dispersion 1.03 dispersion_samples 17}
// to enable the spectral dispersion.
//dispersion control the spread
//dispersion_samples control the smoothness of the spectrum
	photons{target refraction on reflection on}
// to make it visible in the caustics.
//target enable the shooting of phtons toward the object
//refraction on enable the refraction to affect the photons
//reflection on enable the reflection of the photons
}

--
Alain
Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every