POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : df3? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:52:34 EDT (-0400)
  df3? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Woody
Subject: df3?
Date: 22 Jan 2008 15:45:00
Message: <web.4796558b9b5740d794e61a50@news.povray.org>
Responding to responses to an earlier post I did, how do I go about creating a
df3 file? I'm not crazy about woring with C/C++ and byte code. Can I just edit
some sort of text file?

Supposedly there is a program out there called df3maker and df3 viewer neither
of which I can find.

Post a reply to this message

> Responding to responses to an earlier post I did, how do I go about creating a
> df3 file? I'm not crazy about woring with C/C++ and byte code. Can I just edit
> some sort of text file?

  No. A df3 is a binary file which can contain any byte value (between 0
and 255). Thus not very suitable for a text editor.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Responding to responses to an earlier post I did, how do I go about
> creating a
> df3 file? I'm not crazy about woring with C/C++ and byte code. Can I just
> edit
> some sort of text file?
>
> Supposedly there is a program out there called df3maker and df3 viewer
> neither
> of which I can find.

df3 is a binary format.
You can use tga2df3 to convert a list of tga images
(file01.tga,file02.tga, etc) into a df3 file
http://www.users.on.net/~pod/df3/
Windows binary... or source

The source for df3maker is at
http://www.bonedaddy.net/pabs3/code/