POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Atmospherics and bounding spheres Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Atmospherics and bounding spheres (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: milco2006
Subject: Atmospherics and bounding spheres
Date: 12 Jun 2007 20:20:01
Message: <web.466f3786db36b4cb2d54323a0@news.povray.org>
I not sure if this is the best place to post this or indeed whether this has
been asked before (I couldnt see any posts about it), so if either is wrong
then I apologise in advance.

My question arises from trying to use two atmospheric affects in the one
picture. One of these is a bounded shape with the atmosphere not taking up
the whole shape and the other is a much much larger (almost unbounded in
x-z plane) shape with a bit of scattering media. Note that the smaller
shapes are not inside the bigger ones. My problem is that the bounding
spheres used for the small shapes seem to show when I use the second
atmoshere filled shape. Is there any way to eliminate this? Also a short
explanation of why would be interesting.
Thanks

~Malcolm

Post a reply to this message