POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : blur_samples and radiosity Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:09:44 EDT (-0400)
  blur_samples and radiosity (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: nemesis
Subject: blur_samples and radiosity
Date: 21 May 2007 15:10:01
Message: <web.4651edf4ad4dd88c773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
Hi, do you guys think camera blur affects radiosity calculations?

What I mean is:  if I want a final quality render with blurred camera AND
2-pass radiosity, will the radiosity cache from the first pass (without
camera blur) compromise the final quality?  I know it does with different
resolutions, so I was wondering if anyone knows before I get a severe
letdown on a severely slow render... :)

Post a reply to this message

> Hi, do you guys think camera blur affects radiosity calculations?
>
> What I mean is:  if I want a final quality render with blurred camera AND
>  2-pass radiosity, will the radiosity cache from the first pass (without
> camera blur) compromise the final quality?  I know it does with different
>  resolutions, so I was wondering if anyone knows before I get a severe
> letdown on a severely slow render... :)

   From my experience, I think you can leave out the focal blur on the first
pass safely. I never use it on the first pass and didn't notice any problem
ever.

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message