POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Triangles faster than objects Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:38:42 EDT (-0400)
  Triangles faster than objects (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: JSR
Subject: Re: Triangles faster than objects
Date: 6 Jun 2007 12:00:02
Message: <web.4666d94f10a189edd8ef73430@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> JSR <jsr### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Triangles version:
> > Objects version:
>
>   I'm still completely confused about what you mean with "triangles version"
> and "objects version".
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Ok, supose the next scene: One cube, one sphere and one cylinder.

Objects version -> the format usually used by programs which can convert to
povray. Every object in the scene is represented by a mesh2 structure.

//cube
mesh2{
  vertexs 8
  faces 12
  ..
}

//sphere
mesh2{
  vertexs 50
  faces 70
  ..
}

//cylinder
mesh2{
  vertexs 30
  faces 50
}

//-----------------------------------------------------------

Triangles (Faces) version -> Each mesh2 in the scene is just one face

union{
  mesh2{
    vertexs 3
    faces 1
  }

  mesh2{
    vertexs 3
    faces 1
  }
  [..]

  //Total number of faces (mesh2) in this union = 12 + 70 + 50
                                              (cube + sphere + cylinder)
}

Post a reply to this message