POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : jitter with antialiasing turned off Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  jitter with antialiasing turned off (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: dragonmage
Subject: jitter with antialiasing turned off
Date: 18 Mar 2007 23:55:01
Message: <web.45fe16d78d4a86e8add0a3280@news.povray.org>
Hi again,

It would appear from the online doc
(http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/223/) that jittering is not
used when antialiasing is turned off: "If anti-aliasing is not used one
sample per pixel is taken regardless of the super-sampling method
specified."

Is this a correct interpretation of the text?

Are there any random sampling algorithms used when antialiasing is turned
off?

cheers

Post a reply to this message

> used when antialiasing is turned off: "If anti-aliasing is not used one
> sample per pixel is taken regardless of the super-sampling method
> specified."
>
> Is this a correct interpretation of the text?

I don't believe so; rather, that single ray should be randomly perturbed
due to the jitter.

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message