POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problem with density_file pigment mapping Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:32:31 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with density_file pigment mapping (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Vasilis
Subject: Problem with density_file pigment mapping
Date: 14 Nov 2006 11:20:01
Message: <web.4559eaaa49c84410eac2ab100@news.povray.org>
Dear All,

I am trying to color map on the surface the energy density (output of a
simulation program). I have succeeded in creating the df3 file and creating
the plots. But I get this peculiar problem. You can see the output plots
together with the povray input in the the following address:
     http://bnv.web.cern.ch/bnv/pov/povray_density.html
The first two plots contains the correct scaling and translation of the
pigment,  to the exact dimensions of the object (note I made the object
slightly smaller to avoid numerical precision errors on the surfaces).
The pigment fits correctly to the extends in the axes +Z, +Y, -Y while there
is a considerable gap in the -Z, +X, -X.
In order to make the density file to fit the object I had to arbitrarily
increase the scaling. in x from 90 to 93, and in z from 70 to 73!

I've tried to make the same excersice with a unit (0,0,0 to 1,1,1) cube
without scalign, but I still get exactly the same behaviour on the same
axes. Like there is a mismatch in the object coordinates and the pigment
ones.

Regards
Vasilis

Post a reply to this message