POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : uv-mapping: different coords for multiple textures? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:59:38 EDT (-0400)
  uv-mapping: different coords for multiple textures? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: uwe
Subject: uv-mapping: different coords for multiple textures?
Date: 1 Nov 2006 15:55:00
Message: <web.454908cf8aed7920a6d1183e0@news.povray.org>
When using uv-mapping is it possible to specify different uv-coordinates for
different textures on the same mesh, other than matrix transforms?

What I want is something like what OpenGL does where you can specify for one
vertex different texture coordinates for each texture unit.

Imagine an airplane. One would use one texture for the overall paint scheme
and use another higher resolution texture only for those areas that carry
markings, etc. By restricting the second texture to certain areas of the
mesh it could be high resolution an still small in overall size.

Hence, one would require two different sets of texture coordinates at each
vertex.

Is such an approach feasable with POV-Ray?

Regards,
Uwe

Post a reply to this message