POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 16 or 32 bit resolution DF3 files Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:33:08 EDT (-0400)
  16 or 32 bit resolution DF3 files (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Rob Richards
Subject: 16 or 32 bit resolution DF3 files
Date: 29 Dec 2007 08:21:05
Message: <d5icn31ja3qk9jag1ib6mv8tvd9l3ai2uc@4ax.com>
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any documentation on how to create
df3 files , particularly higher resolution ones. I used to use R
Suzuki's density file patch for pov 3.5
(http://staff.aist.go.jp/r-suzuki/e/povray/iso/df_body.htm) but sadly
that isn't available in 3.6.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers
Rob Richards

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: 16 or 32 bit resolution DF3 files
Date: 2 Apr 2008 13:15:01
Message: <web.47f3cbac4f5a711878dcad930@news.povray.org>
Rob Richards <ari### [at] btinternetcom> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew of any documentation on how to create
> df3 files , particularly higher resolution ones. I used to use R
> Suzuki's density file patch for pov 3.5
> (http://staff.aist.go.jp/r-suzuki/e/povray/iso/df_body.htm) but sadly
> that isn't available in 3.6.
>
> Any help much appreciated.

Gilles Tran has a MakeCloud macro (and pre-made df3clouds) here...

http://www.oyonale.com/modeles.php?lang=en&page=36

While not a tutorial, it has POV files that can create df3 clouds. Following his
coding step-by-step might prove useful.

Ken W.