POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Photon mapping calculation limited to 8 threads Server Time
27 Jul 2024 14:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Photon mapping calculation limited to 8 threads (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: yesbird
Subject: Photon mapping calculation limited to 8 threads
Date: 6 May 2024 07:54:42
Message: <6638c502@news.povray.org>
Hi, all !

While rendering large number of images on server with photon mapping
techniques I discovered, that only 8 kernels are used in time of
photons calculation step, while on tracing step all 40 kernels are
loaded.

Is there a way to use more threads for photon calculation to improve
performance ?

Thanks in advance.
--
YB.