POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Dynamic sphere sweep Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:11:59 EDT (-0400)
  Dynamic sphere sweep (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: yesbird
Subject: Dynamic sphere sweep
Date: 28 Feb 2023 00:35:01
Message: <63fd9285$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
can't figure out why this construction don't work:
#declare X = 0;
sphere_sweep {
   linear_spline
   4,
   #while (X < 4)
     <X,0,0>, 0.1
     #declare X = X + 0.1;
   #end
}
and how to create sweep 'on the fly'.
Similar construction work fine for creating color_map, for example...

Help please !
--
YB

Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Dynamic sphere sweep
Date: 28 Feb 2023 00:57:46
Message: <63fd97da$1@news.povray.org>
On 2023-02-28 01:34 (-4), yesbird wrote:
> Hi,
> can't figure out why this construction don't work:
> #declare X = 0;
> sphere_sweep {
>   linear_spline
>   4,
>   #while (X < 4)
>     <X,0,0>, 0.1
>     #declare X = X + 0.1;
>   #end
> }

You specify 4 as the number of points, but you are counting by 0.1,
which gives 40 points.

One of the more annoying features of POV-Ray IMO is having to count the
points beforehand, but it is what it is.

Post a reply to this message

On 28/02/2023 08:57, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> You specify 4 as the number of points, but you are counting by 0.1,
> which gives 40 points.
Oh, really, thanks a lot !

> One of the more annoying features of POV-Ray IMO is having to count the
> points beforehand, but it is what it is.
Indeed, I've already fallen into this pitfall, and now did it again...
--
YB