POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Optical Pendulum Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:43:10 EDT (-0400)
  Optical Pendulum (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Francois LE COAT
Subject: Re: Optical Pendulum
Date: 21 Nov 2023 04:30:11
Message: <655c78a3$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

>> ingo writes:

>>> Nice!
>>
>> Thanks. I don't know anyone else working on such an experiment. It onl
>> requires a computer and a camera. This is so simple, but interesting!
>> Many people are trying to match images the best way, but there's no
>> real experiment like this "optical pendulum", so far as I know about i
t?

> The planar perspective transformation used for modelling the camera
> motion, was added to the "optical pendulum" WEB page. Some of the
> transforms are present in Persistence of Vision, like 3 translations
> and 3 rotations. But the "skew" or "shear" angles <Sx,Sy> are not
> directly. Thanks for the POV-Ray advance users to have helped on that.

Here is the experimentation of the optical pendulum at its true rhythm
on a Dell Precision T3400 computer, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 (2.4 GHz,
FSB 1066 MHz, 8 MB L2 cache, four cores)...

	<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HnVTz1BPsU>

It is a machine which hosts GNU/Linux Mageia 8 in its 32-bits version,
and that is used to the maximum performances, thanks to multi-processing
and charge load balancing on the four cores. The calculation rate of the
eight movement parameters is at the time order of a second. Hardware
acceleration of algorithmic processing is envisaged.

Regards,

--

<https://eureka.atari.org/>