POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Area light not lighting plane Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:43:15 EDT (-0400)
  Area light not lighting plane (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Area light not lighting plane
Date: 17 Sep 2018 00:20:32
Message: <5b9f2b90$1@news.povray.org>
I have an area light centered at the origin. I also have a partially
transparent plane passing through the origin. However, the light is not
illuminating this plane. How do I fix this? Thanks!

Mike

light_source
{
	0
	1
	area_light
	x * 1/100, y * 1/100
	5, 5
	adaptive 1
	jitter
	circular
	orient
}

#declare Orrery_Ecliptic_Pattern = union
{
	#local Orrery_Line_Thickness = 1/200;
	#local Orrery_Ecliptic_Steps = 30;
	#for (i, 1, Orrery_Ecliptic_Steps)
		difference
		{
			cylinder {-y * 1, +y * 1, i + Orrery_Line_Thickness}
			cylinder {-y * 2, +y * 2, i - Orrery_Line_Thickness}
		}
	#end
	#local Orrery_Ecliptic_Steps = 4;
	#local Orrery_Ecliptic_Angle = 360/Orrery_Ecliptic_Steps;
	#for (i, 1, Orrery_Ecliptic_Steps)
		cylinder
		{
			0, +x * 40, Orrery_Line_Thickness
			rotate +y * i * Orrery_Ecliptic_Angle
		}
	#end
}

plane
{
	y, 0
	pigment
	{
		object
		{
			Orrery_Ecliptic_Pattern
			color srgbt <1,1,1,3/4>
			color srgbt <1,1,1,0/4>
		}
	}
	hollow
}

Post a reply to this message

Am 17.09.2018 um 06:20 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> I have an area light centered at the origin. I also have a partially
> transparent plane passing through the origin. However, the light is not
> illuminating this plane. How do I fix this? Thanks!

Have you tried area_illumination? Can't guarantee that it will help in
this very specific case, but it's worth a shot.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 17.09.2018 um 06:20 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>> I have an area light centered at the origin. I also have a partially
>> transparent plane passing through the origin. However, the light is not
>> illuminating this plane. How do I fix this? Thanks!
>
> Have you tried area_illumination? Can't guarantee that it will help in
> this very specific case, but it's worth a shot.

Perfect! Thanks!

Mike