POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : HDR and brightness Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:49:51 EDT (-0400)
  HDR and brightness (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: HDR and brightness
Date: 22 Feb 2018 18:50:56
Message: <5a8f5760$1@news.povray.org>
Can I achieve the same brightness using an HDRI sky as using a light
source? Or are there limits on how bright a scene can be?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: HDR and brightness
Date: 23 Feb 2018 08:01:42
Message: <5a9010b6@news.povray.org>
Le 18-02-22 à 18:51, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> Can I achieve the same brightness using an HDRI sky as using a light
> source? Or are there limits on how bright a scene can be?
>

> Mike

Yes. In fact, an HDRI sky can be TO bright, leading in an image that is
over exposed like.

For that to work, you need to use radiosity.
Next, you can apply the HDRI to a sky_sphere or a very large sphere
enclosing the scene.
In the case of the world sphere, it need a finish similar to :
finish{
  diffuse 0
  emission 1
}

If the scene is to dark, you increase the emission value, and reduce it
if it's to bright.

Alain

Post a reply to this message