POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Camera scaling and focal_blur? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:38:12 EDT (-0400)
  Camera scaling and focal_blur? (Message 1 to 10 of 28)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Camera scaling and focal_blur?
Date: 10 Feb 2018 19:46:41
Message: <5a7f9271$1@news.povray.org>
What effect does scaling a camera have on focal_blur?

I have two cameras, and they should both produce the same result. But
they don't.

// focal blur camera
camera {
   location  <0,0,-5>
   look_at   <0,0,0>
   right     x*image_width/image_height
   up y
   aperture 1.0           // [0...N] larger is narrower depth of field
(blurrier)
   blur_samples 10        // number of rays per pixel for sampling
   focal_point <0,0,0>    // point that is in focus <X,Y,Z>
   confidence 0.95        // [0...<1] when to move on while sampling
(smaller is less accurate)
   variance 1/200         // [0...1] how precise to calculate (smaller
is more accurate)
   scale 2
}

/*
// focal blur camera
camera {
   location  <0,0,-10>
   look_at   <0,0,0>
   right     x*image_width/image_height
   up y
   aperture 1.0           // [0...N] larger is narrower depth of field
(blurrier)
   blur_samples 10        // number of rays per pixel for sampling
   focal_point <0,0,0>    // point that is in focus <X,Y,Z>
   confidence 0.95        // [0...<1] when to move on while sampling
(smaller is less accurate)
   variance 1/200         // [0...1] how precise to calculate (smaller
is more accurate)
}
*/

Post a reply to this message

Also, what if I scale the camera before I add the focal_blur? I am
having trouble with a scene in which the center never appears in focus
like I want it to.

:(

On 2/10/2018 7:47 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> What effect does scaling a camera have on focal_blur?
>
> I have two cameras, and they should both produce the same result. But
> they don't.
>

> // focal blur camera
> camera {
>    location  <0,0,-5>
>    look_at   <0,0,0>
>    right     x*image_width/image_height
>    up y
>    aperture 1.0           // [0...N] larger is narrower depth of field
> (blurrier)
>    blur_samples 10        // number of rays per pixel for sampling
>    focal_point <0,0,0>    // point that is in focus <X,Y,Z>
>    confidence 0.95        // [0...<1] when to move on while sampling
> (smaller is less accurate)
>    variance 1/200         // [0...1] how precise to calculate (smaller
> is more accurate)
>    scale 2
> }
>
> /*
> // focal blur camera
> camera {
>    location  <0,0,-10>
>    look_at   <0,0,0>
>    right     x*image_width/image_height
>    up y
>    aperture 1.0           // [0...N] larger is narrower depth of field
> (blurrier)
>    blur_samples 10        // number of rays per pixel for sampling
>    focal_point <0,0,0>    // point that is in focus <X,Y,Z>
>    confidence 0.95        // [0...<1] when to move on while sampling
> (smaller is less accurate)
>    variance 1/200         // [0...1] how precise to calculate (smaller
> is more accurate)
> }
> */

Post a reply to this message