POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Blurred reflections Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Blurred reflections (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Blurred reflections
Date: 8 Feb 2018 18:12:40
Message: <5a7cd968$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/8/2018 4:15 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 08.02.2018 um 06:11 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>>>
>>> Just replacing macro- with micronormals doesn't do anything to render
>>> times. The key is to get rid of the `average texture_map` and use just a
>>> single texture.
>>>

>> So, all I have to do is add a tiny focal blur?
>
> Provided you're indeed using a single texture rather than `average
> texture_map` and all that jazz - yes.
>
> The quality of the blurred reflections will then depend on the focal
> blur settings.

Could you provide a short example? As I am not clear on how it works
without seeing some code.

Better yet, update the wiki article.

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Knowledgebase:Language_Questions_and_Tips#Topic_13

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 10 Feb 2018 15:59:26
Message: <5a7f5d2e$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/8/2018 4:09 PM, Alain wrote:
> Le 18-02-08 à 00:11, Mike Horvath a écrit :
>> So, all I have to do is add a tiny focal blur?
>>

>> Mike
>
> It's an option.
> You also can use antiliasing, possibly with some tewaking, like going
> from the defaul recussion level of 3 to 4. Adding +r4 on the command
> line will do the trick.

Okay, I added some focal blur.

camera
{
	perspective
	up		Camera_Up
	right		Camera_Right
	location	Camera_Location
	direction	Camera_Direction
	focal_point 	Camera_LookAt
	aperture	4
	blur_samples	20
	transform {Camera_Transform}
}

But I don't see any difference in the object reflections like there is
in UberPOV.

Mike