POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lightsys stellar objects Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:32:53 EDT (-0400)
  Lightsys stellar objects (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Lightsys stellar objects
Date: 9 Apr 2017 01:20:38
Message: <58e9c4a6$1@news.povray.org>
I'm rendering an outer space scene with a spaceship. I am using
Lightsys. Are there any particularly good light sources for stars like
our sun? Right now I am using 6100 color temperature.

Thanks.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

> I'm rendering an outer space scene with a spaceship. I am using
> Lightsys. Are there any particularly good light sources for stars like
> our sun? Right now I am using 6100 color temperature.

I generally use 6200 (which is fairly identical) for daylight. That
seems all right to me for space too. It is interesting of course to play
with the whole range of temperatures (2800-7500) to get different star
types. I did that in my latest Stranger Moon scene.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message