POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : CIE xyY color space Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:02:36 EDT (-0400)
  CIE xyY color space (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: CIE xyY color space
Date: 10 Mar 2017 13:19:12
Message: <58c2ee20@news.povray.org>
What value ranges are appropriate for this color space? I'm guessing Y
(uppercase) ranges from 0 to 100. But what about x and y? Thanks.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: CIE xyY color space
Date: 10 Mar 2017 13:21:13
Message: <58c2ee99$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/10/2017 1:19 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> What value ranges are appropriate for this color space? I'm guessing Y
> (uppercase) ranges from 0 to 100. But what about x and y? Thanks.
>

> Mike

Never mind. I just figured out they go from 0 to 1. Doh!

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Am 10.03.2017 um 19:21 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> On 3/10/2017 1:19 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> What value ranges are appropriate for this color space? I'm guessing Y
>> (uppercase) ranges from 0 to 100. But what about x and y? Thanks.
>>

>> Mike
>
> Never mind. I just figured out they go from 0 to 1. Doh!

Yup.

With the additional constraint that x+y<=1.

Y technically ranges from 0 to infinity, with no well-defined scale, and
will often be normalized so that the chosen whitepoint has Y=1 or Y=100[%].

Post a reply to this message