POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface to mesh Server Time
29 Mar 2024 04:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface to mesh (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Isosurface to mesh
Date: 25 Nov 2016 01:43:00
Message: <5837dd74$1@news.povray.org>
Can anyone recommend the scripts on this site?

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/approx.htm

I am currently rendering an image of my LCH color solid isosurface, and
it is at 11% after 2.2 hours. And so far only the easiest parts.

Do you think I could benefit from converting to a mesh instead? Or is
the benefit only if you want to render the scene multiple times (such as
an animation)?

Thanks.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

On 11/25/2016 1:43 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Can anyone recommend the scripts on this site?
>
> http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/approx.htm
>
> I am currently rendering an image of my LCH color solid isosurface, and
> it is at 11% after 2.2 hours. And so far only the easiest parts.
>
> Do you think I could benefit from converting to a mesh instead? Or is
> the benefit only if you want to render the scene multiple times (such as
> an animation)?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Mike

I tried it and it's a bad choice I think. Edges aren't sufficiently
sharp and smooth.

Mike

Post a reply to this message