POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : UV mapping docs confusion Server Time
23 Apr 2024 13:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  UV mapping docs confusion (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: UV mapping docs confusion
Date: 19 Nov 2016 18:23:32
Message: <5830def4$1@news.povray.org>
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:UV_Mapping

The docs say, "cone, cylinder : mapping is the same as the lemon object
listed below, however, keep in mind that a true cone is not a cylinder."

This is confusing because the lemon has a base, spindle and cap and I am
not sure the cylinder does too. Can someone explain what this means? Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

On 11/19/2016 6:23 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:UV_Mapping
>
> The docs say, "cone, cylinder : mapping is the same as the lemon object
> listed below, however, keep in mind that a true cone is not a cylinder."
>
> This is confusing because the lemon has a base, spindle and cap and I am
> not sure the cylinder does too. Can someone explain what this means?
> Thanks.

I was able to figure out what the base, spindle and cap are, but it took
me a while to do so. Could the docs be improved somehow?

Mike

Post a reply to this message